A delicious dish of pasta mixed with arugula and basil in a creamy sauce. Bursting with flavors but simple to prepare. This meal is full of flavor and has an incredible creamy consistency. A great way to utilize the pasta cooking water to build a mouth-watering sauce.
|Prep: 15minutes||Cook: 30 Minutes||Serves 6|
- 450 grams pasta (any type)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 diced fennel bulb
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- Arugula from Seedle Farm’s Greatest Hit Greens
- Green Basil from Seedle Farm’s Both Basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat some salt water in a big sauce and add the pasta. Boil it until the pasta is cooked but still firm.
- Set aside 1 cup of water and drain the excess.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and place it on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot enough add the fennel and onion and mix until the onion turns pink
- Add pasta, 2 cups grated parmesan cheese, Arugula and Basil to the skillet
- Mix properly until the cheese melts and the basil starts to bend.
- Slowly add the pasta water to create a nice sauce.
- Remove from heat and garnish with some salt and pepper.
Salad boxes used in the making of this recipe:
Greatest Hit Greens : Arugula, Lettuce, Mizuna, Mustard Greens
Both Basil contains Green & Purple Basil